Planning Officer - Development Management
Town Planning Officer - Development Management
Our client, a local authority based in north west London, has recently been ranked second in a survey of the most efficient and customer focussed town planning departments in the UK. The success of the council is strongly linked to a recent joint venture with a leading private sector service provider to create a commercial and results driven environment.
This is a permanent contract based within the development management function of the planning team, in which you will be processing planning applications in one of the largest and most diverse London boroughs.
This exciting town planning vacancy that would suit a candidate whom is looking to contribute to a commercial environment in which winning contracts and competing with the private sector would.
This role requires a driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Process a wide range of planning applications including residential developments, changes of use, and even major applications.
- Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
- You will be given guidance by senior staff in the town planning team but will be expected to take on a variety of cases and get results quickly.
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires, you will possess:
A relevant town planning qualification (RTPI recognised) or be working towards gaining one.
- Development management experience, preferably within a London local authority.
- Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working skills.
- A competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office) and experience in using planning focused software.
- Driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Competitive salary
- Positive commercial environment that rewards success
- Accessible location
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.