This job is no longer available
Principal Planning Officer - Development Management
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a local authority based in central London to take on a leading role dealing with the development management team on major planning applications.
Due to a massive increase in large scale developments in the borough, our client is willing to pay a premium rate for the right candidate and is looking to move quickly to keep up with commercial demand.
Our client prides itself on creating a motivational and dynamic environment that works closely with the private sector and local stakeholders to achieve results. The town planning department has pioneered commercial funding for major developments which has created this opportunity.
This is initially a temporary three month contract, but due to the nature of the role the contract will be defined by the length of time that the major development takes to secure permission and process conditions thereafter. This has previously resulted in contracts that last in excess of 18 months.
As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
· Manage major applications and high value project applications in a diverse local authority.
· Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
· To take on a leading role, responsible for mentoring planning officers.
As the successful applicant you will have the ability to manage a variety of planning applications and enquires.
· You will be professionally qualified (RTPI recognised).
· You will have development management experience with a London based local authority dealing with large scale major applications.
· Substantial Development Control experience at a senior level including dealing with complex, large scale planning applications and thorough understanding of planning procedures and legislation, and a good understanding of urban design and regeneration
· You will pride yourself on good customer care skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and have excellent time management skills.
· Competitive hourly rate.
· Excellent potential for contract extension.
· Genuine opportunity for quick career progression with a leading local authority.
If this position is of interest please contact our specialist town planning consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711. Alternatively, respond to this advert with an updated CV.