This job is no longer available
Junior Town Planner - Enforcement
Our client, a local authority based in north west London, has recently been ranked second in a survey of the most efficient and customer focussed town planning departments in the UK. The success of the council is strongly linked to a recent joint venture with a leading private sector service provider to create a commercial and results driven environment.
This is a vacancy with the town planning enforcement team, with responsibility for enforcing planning legislation and responding to public queries on breaches of planning legislation.
As the successful candidate, you will be a confident and customer service driven individual that is keen to deliver results in a planning environment. The role would suit you if you have recent experience in a planning field or are a recent graduate.
The vacancies have arisen due to an increase in workload due to increased development in the borough. You will need a valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle.
This local authority prides itself on hard work, a friendly atmosphere and promoting from within.
As the successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Resolve planning applications and enforcement issues.
- Ensure that temporary planning permissions are monitored and ensure compliance notices are adhered to.
- Negotiate with complainants and persons in breach of planning control, receive and investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning.
- Personally contact people in breach of planning regulations and determine the appropriate course of action on reported infringements.
As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires, you will possess:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Experienced and competent at dealing with processing applications and investigating enforcement cases within a busy environment.
- Experience working within an urban local authority is desirable, a UK valid driving licence is essential.
- Competitive salary.
- Good potential for long-term career development within a commercially driven organisation.
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.