Quantity Surveyor (Construction / Building)
Our client a design and build contractor specialising in new build high end residential and part commercial developments.
Typically our projects have values of circa £10m and all entail the provision of multi storey RC frame construction with a variety of cladding façade finishes. Internally the projects are fitted out to high end specification complimented with complex services packages to complete the fit out.
They are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor who can demonstrate a proven track record of successful commercial management on major projects using directly employed and subcontracted labour.
• Control of day-to-day commercial and contractual activities
• Maximisation on the return on capital and resources employed.
• Sub-contractor and Suppliers procurement ensuring that maximum value for money is achieved whilst maintaining the group’s ethical, moral and environmental policies.
• Prepare, submit and agree main contract valuations including maintain and agreeing the variation account
• Place sub-contractors and prepare sub contract valuations and administer sub-contracts.
• Prepare Cost Value Reconciliation Reports for review.
• Ensure accurate records are maintained.
• Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice
• Work closely with the management to ensure the project objectives are met.
• Train and allocate tasks for trainee and assistant members of staff in an effective manner
• Source opportunities to value engineer
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidates will have the appropriate experience of commercial management and reporting duties together with keen procurement skills for subcontract and supplier purchasing. The ability to work closely with management and develop key working relationships within the business is essential.
Degree or relevant professional qualification i.e. CIOB, RICS.
Please e-mail your CV in strict confidence to Robert Ferrari quoting reference number RF1405 to email@example.com or alternatively please do not hesitate to contact me on 01727 854 054 for a confidential conversation