Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, a London based local authority, for a Senior Planning Enforcement Officer on a contractual basis.
Due to the urgent nature of the requirement, our client is willing to pay a premium rate for an experienced planner with a successful track record in planning enforcement. Due to the nature of the work the contract is expected to last beyond next year's general election.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for investigating, enforcing and monitoring planning breaches throughout the borough while maintaining excellent customer service levels and consistently hitting targets.
- Resolve planning applications and enforcement issues.
- Ensure that temporary planning permissions are monitored and ensure compliance notices are adhered to.
- Negotiate with complainants and persons in breach of planning control, receive and investigate all complaints regarding alleged breaches of planning.
- Personally contact people in breach of planning regulations and determine the appropriate course of action on reported infringements.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following attributes:
- Professionally qualified and RTPI eligible.
- Experienced and competent at dealing with processing applications and investigating enforcement cases within a busy environment.
- Experience working within an urban local authority is desirable, a UK valid driving licence is essential.
- Competitive rate of pay
- Accessible location in North London
- Based in a busy and expanding environment
To apply for this vacancy, please contact our specialist town planning recruitment consultant, Callum Wanliss, on 02072598711 or reply to this advert with an updated CV.