Part II Architect/Senior Architectural Technologist
This job has now expired
Purpose of Role
Working within a small Architectural Team designing new Basements, Extensions or alterations to existing buildings, and/or advising on the restoration and conservation of older properties.
To liaise with Clients, Consultants and Construction Professionals to ensure that projected designs match their needs, and are functional, safe and economical. Producing drawings and specifications that the Construction Teams work to.
The role demands a proactive approach to the work with good detailing ability and together with the other members of the Team, to be responsible for delivering the architectural and project management services for Basement Construction, associated alterations and refurbishment projects in the residential sector. The position is predominantly office based, however some travel to attend Site Meetings will be required.
Working alongside colleagues, developing ideas with the client, establishing budgets, assessing the needs of the building and its impact within the local environment. To work closely with Party Wall Surveyors and Structural Engineers, ensuring that works are carried out to specific standards and, above all, ensuring that the building is sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Typical Work Activities include:
• Drawing Preparation and Control
• Production of existing layout drawings, elevations, sections in plan format from existing drawings and survey notes
• Production of feasibility and scheme design drawings
• Production of detailed technical proposal drawings and visuals using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Revit.
• Responsible for the quality of drawing production
• Preparation of project documentation, including specifications
• Preparing and presenting Design Method Statements and design proposals to the client;
• Preparing and presenting Traffic Management Statements where required
• Assisting in the preparation of tender applications and presentations
• Where required preparing tender documents for contracts
• Carrying out of measured site surveys on site
• Preparation and submission of statutory approvals, dealing with enquiries and obtaining consents
• Preparing applications for planning and building control departments
• Resolving problems and issues that arise during planning and where necessary construction
• Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project
• Negotiating with contractors and other professionals where required
• Working to keep within financial budgets and deadlines
• Discussing and specifying the nature and quality of materials required
• Consulting with Managing Director about the design of an environment
• Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is limited
• Any other duties or requirements of the Company.
• Architecturally Related Degree - Desirable
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• 8-10 Years experience in the Housing Sector - Essential
• Excellent organisational skills - Essential
• Excellent presentation skills - Essential
• Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD - Essential
• Knowledge of SketchUp - Desirable
• Good communication skills - Essential
• Experience of Working on Listed Buildings - Desirable
• Working knowledge of Revit Software - Desirable
• Basement Design Experience - Desirable(but training will be given)
• Interest in Photography - Useful