This job is no longer available
Position - Designer
Location - Berkshire
Salary - Competitive
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a respected interior design and architectural consultancy in Berkshire. The company is experiencing significant growth and as such, a job has been created for a Designer to join the established and friendly team. They have built and maintained strong relationships with a range of blue chip clients within the retail and leisure industries and offer a range of services to their clients.
The primary role involves designing, implementing and refurbishing interior spaces. This shall be achieved in accordance with relevant building standards and client timescales and produce creative and innovative outputs in a professional manner to meet the client's brief and ensure sufficient margins are generated to sustain the future growth of the company.
· You will carry out a mixture of Design and Architectural project management, specification and drawing production for the projects you have been assigned to work on.
· Contact with the Client will be necessary; these dealings must be carried out in a professional manner as determined by the Design Director.
· You will be expected as part of your role to visit site, to survey and attend site meetings, this may include flying and will involve early mornings and late nights.
· You will be expected to liaise with the Clients Landlord including the review of shell specifications and base building facilities
· You will be expected to receive sketched feasibilities from the Client and produce a scheme, which works both in design and layout considering all building control inputs and means of escape implications accessed.
· Brief the Clients consultant team including Structural Engineers, M&E, Sprinkler contractors and Clients Direct suppliers to enable them to prepare their design.
· You will be expected to be able to produce the following details, drawings and specifications as part of your role;
· Ensure the project, drawings, design and specifications have been created to the highest professional standard
Interior Design Degree
Experience in Building Regulation and Current legislation
HNC/HND Building Services
On-site design delivery experience
Experience in Retail / Leisure Industry
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply now, or call Morgan Garon for further information.