Excellent opportunity for an ambitious Planning professional within a respected national consultancy
Your new company
A UK leader in providing business process management and integrated professional support service solutions across property surveying and management disciplines, full design and cost control services, extensive highways and civil engineering design capability plus town planning, development management and planning policy and consultancy services.
Well respected and rapidly expanding in the boom of the Northern Powerhouse, this is a destination for ambitious individuals looking to further their career in a nurturing and expansive environment.
Your new role
Predominantly you will be in a supporting role across the Northern and Midland regions carrying out the below duties:
- Processing mainly minor and small major planning applications in a timely manner, producing robust reports and recommendations to achieve desired and deliverable outcomes.
- Preparing and presenting evidence on appeals for core and external clients.
- Contributing to service improvements to achieve cost efficiency and effectiveness whilst project managing your work to ensure client KPI's are met/exceeded in terms of timeliness and quality of output, adding value wherever possible.
- Contributing to the delivery and improvement of business management systems, procedures and processes.
- Providing support and guidance to peers and more junior staff to distribute knowledge and ensure contemporary planning issues and legislation are cascaded and understood.
- Supporting the growth of the team by making a positive contribution to business development, securing repeat work and applying a commercial lens to all work undertaken and behaviours.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you'll be a chartered member of the RTPI or working towards your APC, with extensive experience working in both/either private or public sector organisations. You must be able to work independently under your own initiative, but support will be given on important and complicated matters.
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity to join an expert and rapidly expanding development team, with extensive employee investment, training and progression on offer, as well as a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, pension and other flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.