Architect - Retail & Leisure
Currently seeking an experienced Architect to join a medium sized practice based in Birmingham city centre. This role will be on an initial 6 month temporary basis to cover a period of maternity leave, however a permanent position is likely to be offered upon completion of the 6 months. An Architect with approximately 5 years of post qualification experience and demonstrable experience of working within the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality sectors would be highly beneficial for this role.
The practice are based within the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham city centre, close to local amenities and conveniently located for most methods of public transport. The office currently consists of both Architectural & Interior Design professionals, with the intention of growing both sides of the business. The practice has developed an enviable client base within a variety of sectors, with key areas being within the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality sectors. Other areas worked in include Residential, Education and Commercial sectors.
Examples of responsibilities of the Architect to include:
* Manage planning applications, Building Regs and appeals.
* Attend site meetings and liaise with clients directly.
* Potentially lead a small team of Architectural Assistants/more Junior level Architects.
* Provide advice on costs involved in projects.
You will require the following skills and characteristics to be successful in this position:
* Strong design and technical skills, with high proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of UK best practice standards.
* ARB registration / RIBA chartership
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, which will include the following:
* An hourly rate in the region of £24p/h, however a permanent salary may be negotiated.
* 30 days holiday inclusive of statutory holidays.
* Pension contribution (once a permanent position is offered).
To be considered for this position, please forward your up to date CV and portfolio through to Ashley Johnson at Conrad Consulting, or contact Ashley on 0121 698 2085 for a confidential discussion.