As a 2D and 3D designer-draughtsperson you will be assigned the following tasks:
- Execution of various types of concept design, feasibility design, preliminary design, tender design and construction design, using software such as Revit, Autocad, Civil 3D and Sketchup.
- Deployment of BIM methodology, including the creation of 3D models and 2D drawings for the various studies.
- Preparation of architectural, civil-engineering, construction, finishing and detail drawings, etc, for all types of study.
- Work on various types of structure (tertiary buildings, industrial buildings, tunnels, service tunnels and underground infrastructure, roads, utility networks, etc.) in all types of situation (new constructions, modification of existing structures, repair, etc).
- Participation in the consolidation, maintenance and building pathology diagnostics programmes and in the development of the "Master Plan".
- Work in close collaboration with project leaders, the section's drafting team and the other technical services, and participation in the coordination of and integration in the various phases of the project.
- Creation of photomontages, renders and video montages based on the 3D models, photos taken on site, videos, etc.
- Experience in the use of Revit, AutoCAD 2D and 3D, and preferably knowledge of several different 3D software packages.
- Experience of working with 3D scans (in Revit).
- 2D and 3D conflict analysis and integration (use of Navisworks or other software).
- Design of reinforced concrete or metallic buildings.
- Experience in the use of Revit, AutoCAD and other software.
- Industrial buildings architectural design/drafting.
- Civil buildings design/drafting.
- Industrial and tertiary building construction.
- Metallic structure construction.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 27.07.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to further available funding the contract duration may be extended. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may be granted an indefinite contract.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Work in underground installations.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the Organization.