- Job Type
Your new company
A FTSE listed 5 start home builder is looking to recruit a Technical Co-Ordinator in a growing Design and Technical department.
Your new role
This role is responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of sites in the development phase, from acquisition of the land through to Build Start. For each site in their portfolio, the Technical Co-Ordinator will lead an internal and external project team consisting of experts in land purchase, architectural and technical design, Planning, estimating, surveying, construction, pre-contracts, sales, Health and Safety and relevant external subject matter experts, in order to deliver the planned Build Start date to agreed time, budget and quality of design.
- Plan and manage all elements of the project from 'solicitors instructed' to 'site start' and 'build start' in accordance with the agreed process, in order to achieve the scheduled build start date, to agreed cost and quality of design.
- After Build Start and during the construction phase, ensure that the external project design team deliver all information needed to achieve First Occupation.
- Drive the project team approach by forming and managing a cohesive project team, with clear roles and responsibilities. The project team consists of internal and external experts in land purchase, architectural and technical design, Planning, estimating, surveying, Pre-Contracts, Health and Safety, construction and sales.
- Ensure the key project meetings take place and chair them effectively to drive clear accountability, good decision-making, communication and achievement of required outputs. Ensure a deputy is nominated in your absence and that issues are escalated through the appropriate channel.
- Build good relationships with external architects and consultants and manage them to deliver against the agreed programme.
- Prepare and manage all project documentation, including a comprehensive project programme to drive critical path activities. Ensure all relevant documentation is shared with the project team.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all submissions for Regional and Group sign off (eg Green File, Pink File).
- Produce feasibility studies if required
What you'll need to succeed
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in architecture or other appropriate subject is desirable.
- RIBA, CIAT or IPMA qualified is desirable.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant practical experience is a pre-requisite, which must include several years' operating in a Project/ Construction Management post in a corporate environment or in private practice.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project from land acquisition through to build start.
- Prior experience of managing and supervising a team of professionals is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Experience in dealing with local and statutory authorities is essential.
- Working knowledge of both the planning system and building regulations.
- Experience in presenting evidence at planning appeal is desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a FTSE listed organisation that is offering an outstanding salary which also includes a car allowance, private healthcare, 7% pension contribution and annual bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Technical Coordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly