BIM Manager - £100m Highways Project - Surrey
My client are a construction, services and property group active in building and civil engineering, and they operate across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities.
They are looking to recruit a BIM Manager. The BIM Manager will provide a technical link between our Design Consultants, Bidding teams and Project teams to ensure a consistent approach to implementation and development of the contractors BIMXtra within the Business.
- Represent the Business on the BIM Super User forums alongside representatives from the other Regional Businesses and ensure that best practice is shared.
- Responsible for liaising with other disciplines within the Project to embed BIM processes
- Liaise with Consultants and Suppliers to ascertain their BIM capability.
- Provide a technical link between the Design Consultants, Project teams, Suppliers and Process and Engineering.
- Identify and ensure that the appropriate hardware and software is allocated and that its operation is embedded within the organisations culture.
- Part of the Management team for the Project
- Ensure that best practice is cascaded within the contractors Infrastructure business.
- Advise others on the use of the system.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and recording BIM training to embed BIM processes and delegating to others in the BIM team towards achieving Level 2 aspirations
- Manage BIM Project launch meetings and set up team processes via a BIM Implementation Plan (BIP).
- Monitor and regularly report against progress, status and quality of model development.
- Develop BIM Strategy to drive efficiencies from BIM environment for preconstruction team, construction team and for the client.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledgeable in BIM, preferably integration of it into a business or project.
- Have an understanding of Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit and Navisworks.
- Experienced in managerial and coaching skills.
- Preferably have Project coordination experience.
You will receive an excellent salary along with the opportunity of working with a leading a contractor in London. Please get in touch on email@example.com