Senior Urban Designer
Senior Urban Designer vacancy in Leeds
- To understand the urban design/masterplan project and conduct research into relevant technical urban design and planning issues.
- To undertake and be responsible for the preparation of plans and drawings together with development briefs, design statements, design codes and other documents as required under the direction of the project associate or director.
- To lead project teams throughout the design process from brief development to site analysis, design development and the preparation of planning applications.
- To have a growing responsibility for managing the project as instructed by the project associate or director.
- Demonstrate effective communication, taking a lead in meetings, consultation events, design reviews and other events.
- Have a thorough knowledge of and compliance with procedures and standards including compliance with Quality Management System and Health and Safety requirements, and be able to instruct others.
- Have an increasing responsibility for the financial management of projects; and
- Developing client relationships and generating new work for the Group.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education to degree level or equivalent with a postgraduate qualification in Urban Design preferred
- Previous experience of leading project teams on urban design projects.
- Experience of working within a team and with other consultants and disciplines.
- Experience of wider consultation, including effective community participation.
- Knowledge of current planning issues and the wider regulatory framework.
- Able to demonstrate experience of producing high quality work within tight timescales and budgets.
Please contact Martin Bowers on 07841364652 for further information.
Apply for Senior Urban Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly