Temporary Works Design Engineer - Specialist Civils Contractor - North London
Design Engineer (Temp Works) North London £40k
About the company: Our client is a privately owned specialist sub-contractor that has been established for over 30 years now and has an outstanding reputation in their chosen field of expertise, and are one of the most profitable companies in the South East per million turnover. In recent years they have taken on new shareholders with new goals and ambitions, with a plan to expand the company both in turnover and profit but also into other fields across the civils sector. Always known as a specialist sub-contractor, the aim is to eventually become a main contractor with a reputation at being able to deliver projects across various sectors, from Groundwork, demolition and RC Frames.
About the Role: Our client currently has an interesting opportunity, within their Design Department, for a Design Engineer, ideally with experience in temporary works for a contractor or consultancy. The position has good future prospects for promotion.
Our client’s main areas of work are:
- Deep basement construction involving ground support.
- Demolition of structures involving assessment of existing structures and re-propping where required.
- Facade retention steelwork.
- Formwork & falsework.
- Tender design & methodologies for the estimators & planners.
- Supervision of out of house designers & consultants including writing design briefs etc.
- Providing a design service to all our sites.
About the Requirements: You must come from an academic background and have at least 3 years design experience, ideally in Temporary Works.
About the Benefits: Excellent salary on offer with benefits. You will develop and grow with the newly formed design team which provides a unique opportunity.