Architectural Technician job working for a house builder near Chesterfield.
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Ensure that the company complies with all relevant Technical and CDM legislation.
- Monitor and report progress of developments of house type construction to the Architectural Manager.
- Prepare any architectural drawings necessary to facilitate the construction of developments.
- Ensure that house types comply with building regulations.
- Ensure that all architectural information clear and is available/issued to all departments/external bodies as required.
- Ensure that all architectural information is correct and in line with planning approvals, building regulations and any other third party information relating to that development.
Primary Tasks / Duties of the Role
- Produce Title overlays
- Produce/assist in preparation of pre-exchange and pre-completion, pre-start packs.
- Use photoshop to colour sketch plans and produce street scenes.
- Use AutoCAD software to produce site plans, materials plans, phasing plans, conveyance plans, management plans, sales area plans, constraints plans, street scenes, house type drawings, standard details and any other architectural plans required.
- Produce Design and Access Statements
- Assist with preparation of information required for Planning applications and liaise and respond to Planning issues to obtain a satisfactory planning approval, including the clearance of Planning Conditions.
- Appoint and liaise with specialists and consultants for specific expertise, these include, Noise Survey, Energy assessment, Structural Calculations etc.
- Prepare information/drawings and submit Building Regulations application to local Building Control / NHBC.
- Liaise with Building Control Officer as required to secure approval.
- Prepare construction details as required to satisfy Building Control.
- Amend/update and monitor construction specification in line with current building regulations and company specification changes
- Prepare Design Risk Assessments for inclusion in Pre-tender and Health & Safety Plans as required.
- Provide/prepare any information/drawings required for production of sales brochures.
- Provide room dimension table for sales brochures where needed.
- Provide/prepare any information/drawings required for construction of the marketing suite.
- Prepare material and component specification for project.
- Attend meetings in the office and on site as and when necessary.
- Manage consultants as necessary. These include Structural Engineers, Consultant Architects and Services Engineer.
- Obtain management company costs and appoint as necessary.
- Apply for street names/postal addresses and produce Street Naming Plan
- Ensure proper distribution of all relevant drawings and production information both internally and externally.
- Prepare Conveyance Plan using AutoCAD
- Liaise with solicitors during preparation of Conveyance Plan documentation and provide any other additional information solicitors require.
- Prepare legal plan for land purchase.
- Co-ordinate and obtain where necessary Kitchen Designs, Ground Floor Designs, First Floor Designs, Roof Truss Designs, Heating Designs, Stair Designs, Mechanical Ventilation Designs, GRP elements and any other third party designs when necessary.
- Ensure robust details are registered where necessary.
- Check and co-ordinate any third-party designs required.
- Ensure compliance with Housing Association Brief and specification where applicable.
- Assist in the supervision of junior members of the Technical Team as required.
- Understand the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build that are proposed and planned.
- Be aware of expenditure and financial constraints.
- Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues.
- Contribute to planning and other regulatory application procedures
- Coordinate all design information.
- Liaising with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval
- Produce, analyze and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used.
- Contribute to the overall running of business.
- Ensure House Type registers and drawing issue sheets are kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of SAP and Energy Performance Certificates as and when required.
- Co-ordinate air tightness testing on site and obtain certificates when required.
- Ensure that building warranty and building regulations completion certificates are obtained from site and recorded & issued as necessary.
- Site visits to assess progress of build and assist answering any site queries.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested to enable the department meet its requirements and obligations.
Skills / Person Specification
- Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset.
- Design and planning expertise & technical knowledge
- Sound working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Sound working knowledge of Photoshop package.
- Sound working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations, NHBC / Building Regulation requirements, Codes of Practice and Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Good Communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Influence and persuasion.
- Problem solving skills.
- Team work.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly