Design studio seeks Project Manager to join their Central London team. With a world class reputation built upon core values of innovation, integrity and collaboration. Candidates should demonstrate an empathy with these values and seek to reflect them in undertaking their role.
- Project Programme Management - Establish overall project programme with the Project Leader, client and external partners. Oversee and ensure project programme deadlines are met; challenge time frames to safeguard the design periods. Prepare detailed design programmes appropriate to the work stage clearly outlining objectives, interim information exchanges and design team outputs to ensure the whole design team has a clear understanding of how and what they need to contribute to meet contractual milestones. Responsible for project programme and internal project budget management. During construction, ensure the project team reviews submittals and shop drawings, coordinates the response to RFIs; coordinating with the owner’s representatives, contractors and executive architects.
- Project Delivery - Support and monitor the delivery of the project in line with the project brief, contractual framework and resource plan. In collaboration with the project leader, structure the team(s) and workload effectively and implement procedures to ensure appropriate usage of resources. Identify and mitigate areas of risk/ concern and their potential impact on Heatherwick Studio pre-emptively. Work closely and in co-ordination with the Technical Lead. Develop, nurture and maintain excellent relationship with the client representative(s) on the project.
- Project Scope Management - Monitor, evaluate, comment upon and promote positive working relationships with partner organisations in the definition and coordination of matters of scope and responsibility. Internal team: actively monitor adherence to defined scope and ensure the project teams stays on track staying within what is required and not taking on tasks outside of their scope. External partners: establish clear lines of communication with external team members, including co-ordination and review of their activities, milestones and monitoring of progress and outputs in accordance with their scopes.
- Knowledge Management - Participate in sharing knowledge with other project teams through cross team activities such as Design Reviews, Project Managers working group, etc. Participate in learning activities, keep abreast of statutory regulations, technological developments and regularly attend internal studio talks and workshops. Develop professional and technical skills. Share knowledge, experience and lessons learned across the team and the wider studio.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the creative design process through all work stages.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and prioritising.
- Clear understanding of scopes of service.
- Experience of overseeing complex international projects within collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good verbal presentation skills.
- Extensive project management and design experience
- Calm, mature and professional