Senior Architect - Sidcup - Residential/Education - Permanent - RIBA Stages 0-3 - £40k - £50k
Your new company
A well-established construction consultancy based in Sidcup require a Senior Architect to join their growing team. They currently work in the following sectors; Housing, Care, Education, Health, Commercial and Blue Light. This role in particular will have a focus on Residential and Educational projects.
Your new role
As a Senior Architect you will be reporting to the programme manager and also the project team leader. You will be responsible for an Architect, Technician, Assistant and a CAD Technician.
- Operate on a flexible basis in a Group environment to fulfil the Project Team's obligations.
- Carry out all RIBA Work Stages, as defined by RIBA publications.
- Design, draw and compute, as required.
- Take the lead in large and complex projects.
- Exercise mature professional judgement in key aspects of projects.
- Have particular regard to developing positive client contacts and ensuring an increased level of commissions.
- Take responsibility for the care, motivation, morale, and general technical development of junior staff, providing technical training when appropriate.
- Keep abreast of developments in the profession and construction industry and fulfil the requirements of CPD.
- Exercise an assessment and reporting role in connection with matters of a difficult legal / contractual / financial nature - referring them to a Partner where appropriate
- Fulfil the general requirements: filing, office procedures, layering conventions (CAD), inputting into the Practice's Information System, and similar routine administration tasks, all in accordance with Practice Policy and Procedures.
- Maintenance of records on the Practice Information System.
- Ensuring that tasks/duties are undertaken in accordance with the Practice Verification Strategy.
- Maintenance of project filing system.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you must be a Registered Architect with the ARB and have a minimum 5 years Part III experience. You must attend Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs, in order to achieve the required RIBA recommended CPD hours per year.
What you'll get in return
£Competitive + Excellent Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.