Residential Layout Designer
Residential Layout Designer
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000. Negotiable and competitive
Position Type: Permanent
IDP Group have an unrivalled and rare opportunity for an ambitious and passionate designer to join their team as they begin the next phase of strategic growth. Building off their current portfolio this is the perfect opportunity for you to take the next step in your career and be an integral part in shaping, forming and directing the future. For the right candidate in a new geography, there is a very real prospect of growing a new team and studio around you.
IDP Group are a considered and conscientious design consultancy offering a full complement of services including master-planning, urban design, architecture and project management. Headquartered in the Midlands they have a national coverage and work with a range of clients, tailoring their service to each client and the demands of the brief.
Their portfolio is not confined specifically to any one sector however that being said, they are best known for Masterplanning and Urban Design projects within the residential sector; numerous awards through public sector land competitions have been won through their unique approach and ability to balance design with commercial feasibility.
How are they different? Their approach is two-fold, namely through aptitude and attitude:
• An innate understanding of urban design, its theories and rules, with the need for commercial return. You dare to be different and are constantly exploring what the brief could be.
• A ‘back to basics' approach for each brief that focuses on the client's needs, and establishing an on-going dialogue and high trust relationships on both sides.
This bespoke approach has carved out an aspirational place in the market and afforded the luxury of being more selective with projects you wish to work, allowing a diverse mix of projects.
The studios have a relaxed working environment with a relaxed structure that is meritocratic. You are encouraged to be curious and will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who bring ideas and aren't afraid to challenge and question.
IDP care. IDP consider. IDP deliver.
The main purpose of the role is to work on live projects, doing what you do best in creating residential layouts for an array of clients, each with their own requirements. To a large extent the role is still undefined with IDP waiting for you to join and form part of the strategic conversations in taking the business forward – you will make the role your own with a real potential to have a leading role in the practice.
Given the flexibility and scope of this opportunity the main requirement is a passion for good design to create place. You are concerned about getting the best from a project whilst still considering the need for commercial viability. You understand the impact that good design has and strive maximise your clients brief. By nature you're curious and continuously seek improvements and efficiencies.
To provide some tangibles, the quantifiable essentials are:
• Demonstrable master-planning/urban design project experience, ideally within the residential sector and preferably for residential developers;
• Strong communication skills to liaise with clients and mentor junior members;
• Excellent commercial awareness;
• The ability to work autonomously, managing your own workload as well as being able to manage a small team around you;
• Strong IT skills with the various Architectural Software, in particular AutoCAD;
• You will have a design background, coming from Architecture, urban design, residential developer – this role is open in this respect and focuses on you and your skillset.
A unique opportunity in (its purest sense) to take your career forward whilst still doing what you're passionate about, without compromise with like-minded colleagues. Remuneration will be competitive and will be tailored to your skillset and seniority.
Ref Code: MPCQ13853011Z
How to apply
Email your application below.