Department of Place
Planning, Transportation and Highways
Band PO2: £30,785-£33,437
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Britannia House, Hall Ings, Bradford BD1 1HX
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
This is a great opportunity to work in a thriving City going through an exciting period of regeneration with award winning shopping, parks, nature reserves, historic architecture, museums, galleries and first class leisure facilities, Bradford Metropolitan District has it all.
Bradford is embarking on one of the most ambitious place making programmes to be seen in the UK to facilitate new housing and economic growth. As one of the fastest growing Metropolitan Districts in the UK there has never been a more exciting place to work and help deliver the sustainable regeneration agenda working with key partners.
The Landscape, Design and Conservation Team deliver a challenging and diverse portfolio of projects across a variety of disciplines allowing the successful candidate to work alongside and gain first-hand experience and guidance within a multidisciplinary environment. We are seeking to recruit a Gateway Officer to lead and implement various projects associated with Landscape/Environmental improvement schemes and to assist in developing and delivering projects and to:
- Provide professional expertise in Landscape/environmental services within the Planning, Transportation and Highways Service and to the rest of the Authority and to the strategic partners of the Council,
- Ensuring the team makes the maximum contribution to the regeneration and sustainability of the District with particular regard to urban and landscape design, conservation of the built and natural environments and the Council’s priorities as set down in Council Plan in creating great places.
- Assist in the delivery of the schemes by submitting applications for funding, as required and managing successful bids.
- Foster good relationships with clients and work with local communities and organisations, using appropriate consultation approaches and to ensure the schemes are implemented through proactive discussions with all stakeholders to an agreed plan.
You will require:
- Degree/diploma in Landscape Architecture or equivalent and 5 years post qualification
- Experience to include Project Leadership, Development and Management experience in regeneration.
- Experience in the design and delivery of high quality landscape for infrastructure projects
- Experience to manage complex and challenging schemes from inception to completion
- Experience of community and stakeholder consultation and partnership working.
- Experience of presenting Landscape proposals or other matters to public, partners or Members.
- Experience of detail design and working drawings for both hard and soft external works
For further information regarding this post please contact Saira Ali on 01274 433971 or email email@example.com
To apply, please visit https://bradford.engageats.co.uk/
Closing Date: 31st January 2018