1 day left
- Job Type
Your new company
This role is responsible for the successful delivery of a portfolio of sites in the development phase, from acquisition of the land through to Build Start. For each site in their portfolio, the Technical Coordinator/Development Manager will lead an internal and external project team consisting of experts in land purchase, architectural and technical design, Planning, estimating, surveying, construction, pre-contracts, sales, Health and Safety and relevant external subject matter experts, in order to deliver the planned Build Start date to agreed time, budget and quality of design, whilst adhering to company processes, policies and procedures.
Your new role
- Plan and manage all elements of the project from 'solicitors instructed' to 'site start' and 'build start' in accordance with the agreed process, in order to achieve the scheduled build start date, to agreed cost and quality of design.
- After Build Start and during the construction phase, ensure that the external project design team deliver all information needed to achieve First Occupation.
- Drive the project team approach by forming and managing a cohesive project team, with clear roles and responsibilities. The project team consists of internal and external experts in land purchase, architectural and technical design, Planning, estimating, surveying, Pre-Contracts, Health and Safety, construction and sales.
- Ensure the key project meetings take place and chair them effectively to drive clear accountability, good decision-making, communication and achievement of required outputs. Ensure a deputy is nominated in your absence and that issues are escalated through the appropriate channel.
- Build good relationships with external architects and consultants and manage them to deliver against the agreed programme.
- Prepare and manage all project documentation, including a comprehensive project programme to drive critical path activities. Ensure all relevant documentation is shared with the project team.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of all submissions for Regional and Group sign off (eg Green File, Pink File).
- Produce feasibility studies if required.
- Monitor and report project and Development department measures as defined in the relevant dashboard.
- Work collaboratively within the regional Development department to ensure departmental targets are met, resources work effectively and quality of delivery is assured.
- Give and receive feedback openly and share knowledge, learnings and best practice in order to continuously improve the development process.
- Ensure compliance to Regional and Group processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that design team aware of their responsibility to achieve timely approvals from the Planning Authorities and NHBC.
- Be conversant with CML process.
- Ensure Designer Risk Assessments are completed as required on projects.
- Ensure information is gathered to complete service charge calculations.
- Coach and mentor less experienced DMs as appropriate.
- Work alongside Assistant DM to ensure Feasibilities targets are met.
- Influence and manage people in a matrix environment who are not direct line reports.
- Build strong relationships across departments and with external consultants.
Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care of your/ their own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your/ their acts or omissions at work.
- Act in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensure you/ they are trained and competent to carry out work properly and do so.
- Be familiar with, understand and discharge any allocated safety responsibilities.
- Provide adequate information, supervision and equipment to allow duties to be undertaken in a safe manner.
- Immediately stop any unsafe activity until adequate measures have been taken to remove the risk or reduce it to as low as possible, seeking advice from H&S qualified staff as appropriate.
- Sets clear and ambitious objectives for the team and supports the team to help achieve them.
- Empowers employees to take responsibility, delegates where appropriate and provides regular feedback.
- Leads employees through performance management processes through goal setting, feedback and performance development planning.
- Take responsibility for team management and development through regular 1:1 meetings, team meetings and receiving feedback on set goals.
What you'll need to succeed
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level qualification in architecture or other appropriate subject is desirable.
- RIBA, CIAT or IPMA qualified is desirable.
Knowledge & Experience
- Significant practical experience is a pre-requisite, which must include several years' operating in a Project/ Construction Management post in a corporate environment or in private practice.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a project from land acquisition through to build start.
- Prior experience of managing and supervising a team of professionals is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Experience in dealing with local and statutory authorities is essential.
- Working knowledge of both the planning system and building regulations.
- Experience in presenting evidence at planning appeal is desirable.
Skills & Competencies
- A good working knowledge of MS Project.
- A working knowledge of REVIT is desirable.
- A working knowledge of AutoCad or other relevant 2D CAD system is desirable.
- A working knowledge of Project Collaboration software (Buzzsaw) preferred but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to act as expert witness where appropriate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Technical Co-Ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly