Senior Architect / Glasgow / Residential / Vacancy
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by a local Glasgow based Architectural practice. This studio is very proud of the buildings they produce, and the people that work for them. The majority of what they have been working on recently has been community buildings, conservation projects, and residential developments. They boast probably the best staff benefits package that can be found on the market in Glasgow.
Your new role
This is a role for an all-rounder who enjoys: sketching, coming up with design solutions, presentation drawings, rendering, working on sketchUp, doing a lot of your own technical work, construction drawings etc. You will run with your own project from inception to completion and be expected to be comfortable at all stages of the RIBA plan of works. Initially, you will have the opportunity to run three new projects that have just been brought into the practice.
Most of the work will be within community buildings, conservation projects, small scale commercial and residential developments. Therefore a passion and an understanding of these sectors is crucial.
You will have the opportunity to not only manage younger staff, but also your own projects. This give you a great opportunity to show what you are capable of from day one. This will in turn offer the chance to further develop your client facing skills, as you move into a more senior role within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be a qualified Architect..
- The ability to carry out the full range of professional services of a qualified Architect
- The ability to design / sketch / render / present / detail and deliver projects.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Experience in social / affordable housing is essential
- Be proactive in your work, and have the energy and desire to succeed.
- Take a hands on approach with not only your projects, but with younger members of staff.
- Be willing to get involved in the decision making process within the practice.
- Have the drive to push out high quality work.
- Have client facing experience, or the character to suit that kind of role.
What you'll get in return
This is an immediate requirement and an appointment could be made relatively quickly for the right individual. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is already a Senior Architect or for someone who is looking to make that step up. You will immediately become an integral member of the team, where you would get greater responsibility on projects and within the practice.
What you need to do now
For a confidential discussion or to enquire about this role, please contact me directly. Interviews for this position will be taking place this week and next.
You can contact me on 0141 212 3660 or
Apply for Senior Architect
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly