Permanent opportunity for an Architectural Technician
Skills and knowledge
Architectural design skills and knowledge in the broadest sense
Computer Aided Design including development of BIM (Revit) and 3D skills.
Microsoft Office suite / Outlook
Knowledge and use of NBS. Robust Details and NHBC Standards.
Working knowledge of Building Regulations and Housing Association (RP) Standards (HQI's, SDS).
Working knowledge of up to date Building Bulletins (School Design).
Continuously strive to increase your knowledge and understanding of your subject and responsibility areas.
Be a well-rounded project technician.
Understand and act on / communicate CDM - health and safety regulations
Help to improve the building technology, document management and admin systems of the office.
Quality and systems
Developing systems specifically in own areas of responsibility.
Continuously aim for the highest possible quality in all matters relating to the business.
Continuously seek new knowledge.
You should be keen to grow with the practice, be flexible in your approach to the time worked, to the type of work and the tasks undertaken, be presentable and sociable with an organised, tidy and efficient approach to work.
It is intended that you should have a long-term future with the practice and share in its success with a commitment to help develop, achieve and benefit from a five year business development plan.
* Proficiency in latest version of AutoCAD / Revit and SketchUp
* Technical architectural drawing skills
* Keyboard skills
* Compiling and preparing presentations
* Compiling and despatching info to the team
* Support the team
* Liaison with clients, team, suppliers
* Initiate own CPD programme planning and implementation
* Assist in organising and attend exhibitions
* Compiling packages for Planners, B Regs, tenders, etc
* Word processing and spread sheet skills
* Diary keeping, personal time management
* E Mail and Internet
* Help with post when necessary
* Operate clean desk policy
* Filing of own work (and archiving occasionally)
* To be a competent operator of all office machinery, equipment and systems.
* Share tea making, odd jobs, tidying with other members of the office team
* Any other Management request.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.