Structural Engineer - RC Frame/Groundworks Contractor - SW London
Structural Engineer – RC Frame & Groundworks – Southwest London - £45k
About the company: This company is a highly regarded and respected privatised specialist sub contractor within Groundworks & RC Frames that have been established for over 30years. They have established themselves as one of the strongest sub contractors in the South East able to deliver the all in one package for their clients, using all their own plant, and having the knowledge and experience to deliver all the demolition, groundworks and frame effectively. Current turnover is £150m, 70% of this is now structures.
About the Role: The client require a Structural Engineer for RC frames, RC cores, substantial structures, façade retention, and substantial temporary works. Experience in sub & superstructure operations and logistics.
- To study the Client Brief and to ascertain what the client wishes to achieve from the project.
- To advise the client if there are omissions from the scope of design defined by the brief that could adversely influence the programme.
- To assess the work defined by the client’s brief in line with the capabilities of the company
- To propose and clearly detail any value engineering solutions, and provide sufficient detailing to allow for a programming and cost analysis to be undertaken.
- Liaise with client’s design teams in relation to defining scope and detailing of works
- Liaise with structural engineers engaged on behalf of the company for the detailing of structural elements
- Provide technical support to site with regards to technical detailing
- Support the Temporary Works Department in design calculations and site applications
- Detail technical proposals as directed by the requirements of projects, and provide analytical comment to the company and/or client
About the Requirements: You must be degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering, with at least 3-4 years UK site based practical experience. Must have strong evidence of experience in Temporary Works, Groundworks and Reinforced Concrete. Design & Build experience is useful. You must be a Graduate member of IStructE and/or ICE and must have gained good design skills on new-build RC-Framed construction.
About the Benefits: Excellent opportunity to develop and progress your career. Ideally they want a candidate that has the potential to take the engineering and report at director level. They will offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.