Part II Designer/Architect
Permanent Position - Full Time
Part II Designer/Architect
Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire (outer London)
Knight Architects is an international studio specialising in Bridge Design, bringing architecture, engineering and urban planning skills together in a single workspace. We are a vibrant practice of 20 focused on innovation and collaboration, working with our engineering partners to realise significant and extraordinary infrastructure projects across the world. Predominantly the position will be based in our Buckinghamshire studio, 25 minutes by train from London Marylebone, but may also require frequent travel to project sites and partner offices.
We are looking for experienced Part II Designers/Architects to work on a range of projects within a variety of sectors and scales.
- Work as part of a team internally and with other consultants, contributing to both the design and delivery of projects
- Understand work schedules and how to deliver to deadlines
- Prepare working drawings, designs, plans, models and schemes with a commensurate level of accuracy and detail for the brief
- Take responsibilities for client liaisons and presentation to stakeholders
- Work upon several projects and tasks simultaneously
Skills and experience
You should have:
- University degree with a Part II Architecture qualification (or equivalent) plus a minimum of two years’ experience
- Demonstrable awareness and passion for bridge design and design in the public realm
- Proven professional experience in a design or architecture practice as part of a design team, with technical detailing skills and experience delivering drawing packages
- Excellent rendering skills with proven 3D modelling skills using Rhino, VRay and Grasshopper
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm, using your initiative to develop tasks with mentor support
Candidates must provide a portfolio of work to be assessed for suitability on concept design and drawing skills as well as presentation.
Knight Architects offers an excellent salary and remuneration package for the right candidate, including a generous company pension scheme, enhanced holiday entitlement, a company sick pay scheme, flexitime, and a contribution towards gym membership. We are committed to providing comprehensive training and career development to all our staff. Knight Architects is an equal opportunities employer and no candidate will be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, gender, sexuality or disability.
How to apply
Please email your CV, Cover Letter and a portfolio including examples of work (maximum size 5MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please also state where you saw the role advertised.