Design Manager required with Main Contractor for High-Rise Residential project in Canary Wharf
Design Manager – Luxury High Rise Residential development in Canary Wharf
DM required with Main Contractor for Luxury High-Rise Residential project in Canary Wharf.
About the Client: About the company: Our client has been established for over 40 years now and they provided a reliable, high quality specialist formwork service to main contractors originally. Since then the company has successfully broadened its operations to include general construction property development, plant hire and landscaping whilst continuing to provide a non-adversarial value for money service on which clients can rely.
Operating throughout London and the South of England they have become a well-established construction company with
They are seeking someone to and manage high spec residential projects from start to completion. The person will be managing/coordinating the design; each project will have a team of external consultants (Architect, Engineer, M&E). The person will be charged with liaising with the above team to ensure that the design is completed in accordance with the JCT contract and the client spec etc.
They will be degree qualified and will have experience with either a developer or a contractor who delivers residential projects in London. Candidates from Architect Consultancy’s working with Developers/Contractors will be considered also.
They would like someone with strong technical knowledge and the ability to VE projects. But also have a good eye for detail and know what looks good!
About the Role:
- Manage the design process for traditional and design and build contracts.
- Act as the primary contact for the design teams, client and production teams.
- Advise on cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction.
- Co-ordinate the design information supplied to our construction division.
- Manage compliance checks against specification and client requirements.
- Manage design output to agreed programmes. Liaise with Local Authorities, Building Control and Planning Departments.
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org