Architectural Technician / Job / Vacancy / Glasgow
Your new company
A design and engineering company that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. Its disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design. They are a leading UK construction and regeneration group with a revenue of c.£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments.
Your new role
Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project
documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- To provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials
- Works to own initiative and required to supervise junior CAD staff members
- To be responsible for discrete packages of work under the supervision of a Senior Architect/Senior Technician
- Excellent team working skills
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
- Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior CAD staff under their
- supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and
- outgoing deliverables.
What you'll need to succeed
- HND or foundation degree in architectural technology, construction or the built environment.
- Ideally aiming for a CIAT-accredited honours degree in architectural technology
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Full UK Driving Licence
Architectural technologists are specialists in the science of architecture, building design and construction. They
work closely with architects and help to turn the architect's concept into reality in the completed construction
Technical Skills and Experience:
- High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT as a minimum.
Working knowledge of the following software would also be an advantage:
- Microstation 3D V 8.2
- 3D Studio max (inc Vray)
preferred but not essential
- Significant CAD experience preferably in the majority of the following market sectors: industrial, manufacturing and energy, life sciences and chemicals, transport (rail and aviation), infrastructure and utilities, public sector, nuclear.
- Ability to work under the supervision of a Senior Technician to produce 2D & 3D deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
- To have, or be developing knowledge and experience of traditional and sustainable building materials.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- Good level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.