A lead role within the architecture department assisting with the implementation of advanced working methods, engaging with external partners, manufacturing, construction and supply chain in a complex environment.
You will be both developing new design, as well as running projects that deliver industry-leading modular buildings from inception through fabrication to completion.
Michael Page have partnered with a leading house builder in Yorkshire to help recruit 2 architect positions that will be a significant part of the organisation's growth into a new space in the House Building market.
This organisation's aims are to change the way people have access to affordable housing in the UK and the creation of a product that is accessible to a wider market is the first of many innovations within this business. They will be focusing their attentions on modular build, and are keen to bring it into the mass market.
The focus of the role will come down to three areas:
1. Managing the Design and Delivery of new products
2. Undertaking projects in product improvements
3. Overseeing a small team.
The successful candidates will be ambitious to take on a new challenge that is unique to the normal world of House Building Architecture:
- They will be comfortable with a broad role: Sketching and early design, early contact with stakeholders to address suitability, adapting to feedback, process and planning, working with manufacturers & reality of dealing with building regulations
- Adaptability to change design to suit the wider business needs
- Oversee a small team of Architectural Designers
- Experience in the Residential Sector
- Preparation and delivery of tender information
- An understanding of BIM is preferable and will assist with the strategic development of the business
The role offers a competitive package, along with exposure to a unique development in House Building:
- This is a new product on the market, you will be involved from the outset in a project that has been created to change residential housing in the UK
- Full exposure to the operations, challenges and successes of this new development in House Building
- It will allow you to show off your adaptability and creativity to come up with designs & solutions to problems
- Give you the opportunity to make a difference to how housing is viewed in the UK.