Design Manager - Required for Large Main Contractor - Head Office North London
Design Manager required for Large Design and Build Main Contractor - Head Office North London
My client is seeking a Design Manager. The company are a Leading Main Design and Build Contractor, who has a reputation in delivering high quality schemes ranging from £20M - £100M. The company carry out work across all sectors; however their reputation is strong in the sectors of Commercial, High-spec Residential & Mixed use developments.
About the Role : As the Design Manager you would be working Head Office covering projects across central London. They are looking for a Senior Candidate who has previous experience managing their own projects and who wants to progress further.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of the delivery Design and Design Processes. This applicant should also be able to demonstrate their commercial and contractual awareness across the board. Early engagement with the client will be necessary , also to advise correctly, ensuring the design process is developed satisfactorily.
- Manage the design process during the tender stage
- Attend prequalification interviews and presentations as required
- Agree the tender information required schedule with the bid team
- Chair design development meetings during the tender process
- Fully investigate Value engineering and value creation opportunities
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer’sRequirements.
- Production of a Contractor’s Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates
- Review Sub contractor design proposals
- Verify & control status of consultants and subcontractors drawings and specifications & maintain registers
- Ensure the consultant scope of services, responsibilities and fees are agreed
- Introduce relevant ‘Value Engineering’ to provide a commercial advantage
- Facilitate the completion of a project risk register
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline)
- Chartered or Incorporated of a relevant institution.
- Demonstrable experience of management and leadership of a significant time period
- Experience and a proven track record of successful service/operational delivery and business operations
- Understanding of the relevant engineering, service or technical disciplines
- Knowledge of full MS office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint
- Knowledge of operational/project delivery and site experience of major schemes
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Ability to build relationships and interact effectively with all stakeholders
- Effective at presentations and group meetings
- Have vision, commitment and enthusiasm for change