Landscape Architect - Dubai
About this role
The client is an International specialist in Urban Design and Landscape, with over 9 offices globally, based in the US. They are world leaders in Landscape, Urban Design and Planning creating aesthetically compelling and ecologically sensitive places. Scale varies from small to large, pragmatic yet imaginative creating beauty in the built and natural environments.
You’ll be involved in a highly prestigious project with a construction plan of 2.5 years. The role is a design guardian on behalf of the client but employed by the practice to ensure implementation of award winning design.
- Coordination, stakeholder management are all key and you must be confident working with demanding clients, knowing when to push back and be firm
- Detail driven, issuing documents and creating fluency between design team and contractors
- Overseeing construction of walls, fountains, paving, planters, custom site structures
- Managing contractors and subcontractors working closely with Engineers and Consultants ensuing design through delivery excellence
Skills and Experience
- Extensive site-based field work, who have had Tier One design practice experience.
- Strong understanding of world class landscape Architect having worked on prestigious schemes
- Extensive construction details and construction field knowledge such as overseeing construction of walls, fountains, paving, planters, custom site structures
- Delivery of large, exciting Landscape projects in the UAE
- Desirable for applicants to have worked with overseas design offices
- Qualified Landscape Architect
- Written and spoken fluency in English