Space Planner working in Birmingham for a brilliant organisation with excellent benefits.
Our client is a leading university with a varied programme of new builds and refurbishment schemes for their campus and are looking for a permanent space planner to join the refurbishment team to be responsible for the management of the space planning function, ensuring that space is used efficiently and effectively, leading on space design and overseeing the work of the Space Team.
- „To be responsible for the Space Team including planning and prioritising work, delegation and balancing of workload and ensuring timely conclusion of space tasks.
- Lead on CAD, Planon space module and BIM (Building information modelling
- To survey and identify existing rooms that require refurbishment or upgrading in terms of decoration, layout or function and to update the 'Room Condition Check Sheet' as appropriate.
- To use this data together with info from other Estates surveys to identify prioritised upgrade plans.
- Create and lead academic working groups to engage with teaching staff regarding proposed designs for new or updated teaching rooms.
- To provide first line professional advice, guidance and support to Estates managers and all University staff regarding how to use space in the most effective and efficient manner by implementing policy standards and procedures
If you are interested in applying for this role please email over a new CV or give me a call tomorrow
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will need a degree in architecture or space planning and the ability to use AutoCAD.
What you'll get in return
There is an excellent starting salary with the positions, 43 days annual leave, pension scheme, use of campus facilities and other flexible benefits. You will be shaping the future working environment of the university for the students of years to come.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.