Graduate Design Engineer - LEading Contractor in London - £25k+
Graduate Design Engineer – London - £25k+
About the company: Our client is a privately owned specialist sub-contractor that has been established for over 30 years now and has an outstanding reputation in their chosen field of expertise, and are one of the most profitable companies in the South East per million turnover. In recent years they have taken on new shareholders with new goals and ambitions, with a plan to expand the company both in turnover and profit but also into other fields across the civils sector. Always known as a specialist sub-contractor, the aim is to eventually become a main contractor with a reputation at being able to deliver projects across various sectors, from Groundwork, demolition and RC Frames, to Rail and infrastructure and with the history they have, no doubt they will be a great success at this.
About the Role: Our client currently has an interesting opportunity, within our Design Department, for a Graduate Design Engineer, to assist with temporary works design. The position has good future prospects for promotion.
The candidate will require strong technical ability, to assist with senior design members in our client’s scope of work where main areas include;
- Deep basement construction involving ground support.
- Demolition of structures involving assessment of existing structures and re-propping where required.
- Facade retention steelwork.
- Formwork & falsework.
- Tender design & methodologies for the estimators & planners.
- Supervision of out of house designers & consultants including writing design briefs etc.
- Providing a design service to all our sites.
About the Requirements:
- Must be degree qualified, ideally in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Desirable to have relevant real experience/exposure to the civil engineering market (RC Frame/Groundworks)
- Desirable to have minimum of 1 years’ experience in design engineering.
- Excellent competency in the use of AutoCad 2D & 3D
The role is based at our Head Offices in NW London with site visits and client meetings as required.
These roles within the Group organisation are fundamental to the continued development and growth of one of their core divisions, and as such they are looking to attract the very best in the market.
The remuneration packages will be commensurate with the calibre of candidates sought and will naturally be appropriate for these extremely important positions.
Apply for Graduate Design Engineer - LEading Contractor in London - £25k+
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly