Senior Architectural Technician
Opportunity with major national house builder for a Senior Architectural Technician/Technical Coordinator to join and work on lives sites across the Midlands after having secured necessary permissions and approvals with industry regulators (building control, NHBC etc.).
One of the UK's fastest growing and largest house builders, covering both the private and social markets. They have a strong footing in both and appeal moreso to first and second time buyers. Sites are a healthy mix of green and brown field land, which present you with different challenges that both develop your skill-set and ensure each day is different.
Most of the technical drawing work is outsourced leaving you to fully coordinate and manage the process of achieving necessary approvals and essentially "job-run".
Working drawings, Building Regulations and Code for Sustainable Homes (CFSH)
- Procure complete working drawing packages for each development from consultants and check prior to issue, using core house types where possible
- Complete, approve and formalise the Building Regulation and CFSH applications
- Monitor progress of the Building Regulation and CFSH applications and obtain approval
- Provide ongoing support for site at construction stage with any working drawing related queries
Architectural / Technical Design
- Assist the Technical Director to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all architectural design requirements
- Provide architectural and technical support to the site teams
- Assist the Commercial team in cost plan completion with regard to architectural matters
- Take full responsibility for the day to day running of the architectural and planning section within the Technical Department
- To attend site visits and meetings in order to solve any problems that arises during the construction process
- Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
- To liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met
- To apply for and secure planning permission for all architectural design and relevant regulation approval
- Create a team spirit with our partner consultants to ensure the Company receives total commitment
- Develop a close working relationship with the Regional team, ensuring all information is communicated effectively and efficiently
- Develop others working within the architectural section and provide support and coaching where required
The ideal and successful candidate will:
- Have either a HNC/HND in Construction or Building studies OR degree in Architectural Technology;
- Be affiliated with or a member of CIAT;
- Have 2-6yrs experience as a Technician and fully conversant with UK Building Regulations;
- Ideally, you will have experience within the residential sectors to fully appreciate complexities;
- Awareness of CfSH & LTH.
Critically, you will be a 'people person' and thrive off working in an energetic team environment. Innovation and progression are what drive you. You are a self-starter and you have a high level of personal pride in your work, constantly seeking to improve yourself professionally and advance.
Please note - candidates who do not have eligibility to work in the UK cannot be considered.
- Senior position within a leading National house builder practice;
- REVIT training (if required);
- Excellent salary + competitive benefits.