Joining as Development Coordinator, you will be the main point of contact on your specific sites, taking them forward through several areas to include engineering, design, planning and architecture, and then support on site through construction stages.
Residential developer with a diverse portfolio offering a full complement of housing solutions across private and affordable housing, with this particular region producing around 700units per nnum. All design and drawing workins done in house with colleagues in the Technical team encouraged to work together, share ideas and experience to maximise a schemes potential either through value engineering or enhancing a proposed design.
They have a new house type range they are working on with ambitions to translate this over to Revit towards the end of the year. They have a fantastic approach atowards team working and offer flexible working hours to staff with a high performance high trust mentality - they appreciate you work to live rather than live to work!.
You will be working on 2-4 sites at a time and be the main point of contact for your sites, taking them forward across several areas including engineering, design, planning and architecture. Typical responsibilities can include:
- Critique information received from consultants (layouts, elevations, house types etc) to ensure optimum financial return on all sites.
- Demonstrate business objectives and culture through personal actions.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and ensure that new sites are reflective of all necessary design and planning standards.
- Apply for and review incoming service designs. Identify and arrange for service diversions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appointed architects, engineering consultants and other specialists.
- Be cognisant of required site start dates in line with the current Business Plan and manage projects accordingly
- Visit all sites prior to commissioning any layout or planning-related work
- Set targets for consultants to include increasing levels of efficiency and output toward meeting business objectives (plotting densities, material choices etc).
- Demonstrate a strong commercial commitment to maximising profit, remaining conscious of cost implications of design-related decisions.
- Identify and manage risk within projects. Ensure risk register is regularly updated for review and comply with standing orders.
- Comply with H&S standards, best practice, planning and technical procedures
- Competitive salary + package to include bonus and car/car allowance.
- Attractive pension
- Flexible working hours.