Weston Homes Plc are a residential developer prominent in Greater London, Cambridge and the surrounding areas within the South East of England.
We are currently recruiting for an Architectural Technician to join our Technical team in our London & East Anglia Divisions. Our projects are all bespoke and include new build residential developments ranging from large scale schemes of 1300 units to one off refurbishment projects.
Working in a Technical Team within a multi-disciplined environment you will be responsible for the production of detailed working drawings and specifications. You will be working closely with our in-house Land, Planning, Engineering, Construction, Commercial & Site teams.
You will be working Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5pm at our Head Office based in Takeley. We are close to the M11, approximately 45 minutes drive from East London or Cambridge with great train links from Stansted Airport into Cambridge and major London transport hubs including Stratford, Liverpool Street and Tottenham Hale.
As a member of our Technical team you will have the opportunity to work across a range of bespoke and unique developments. Working autonomously and as part of a wider Technician Team, you will create and deliver detailed drawings in AutoCAD. This role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Effective coordinated full working drawings of (often complex) schemes
- Effective leadership and/or contribution to design meetings as required
- Amendment of drawings following pre-lim or addendum
- Securing of statutory approvals
- Effective receipt and resolution of site queries
- Receipt and timely management of addendums
- Source all necessary information from external consultants for inclusion on working drawings
Skills & Experience:
As a successful applicant you will have significant experience of producing working and detailed drawings ideally with new build residential developments and have an extensive knowledge of UK Building Regulations. Successful applicants will have experience as an Architectural Technician working in an Architectural practice, consultancy or for another property developer. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a portfolio of work on application.
Reward and Benefits:
As a valued employee you will be rewarded with the following:
- Highly competitive Annual Salary
- Generous company pension (employer contribution up to 10%) increasing with length of service
- A company vehicle or car allowance and fully expensed fuel card for personal and professional mileage
- Private healthcare
- 20 days holidays, plus English bank holidays, plus the Christmas shutdown (not deducted from your holiday allowance)
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary Annual Bonus depending on company performance
- On site Gym facilities
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Comprehensive social calendar which may include; Summer Ball; Family Fun Day; Christmas Party and various activities and sporting events throughout the year