Pattern Design is an architectural practice based in London, Edinburgh and Lima which specialises in parametric rule-based design. Pattern carries out high profile stadia and master-planning projects internationally.
As BIM Manager for a large sports project, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Enforcing, updating and implementing project-specific and practice-wide BIM Level 2 standards and policies, including both internal and external management of design teams.
- Generation and implementation of Revit models at the start of new projects, using company standards and developing new templates when required.
- Day to day management of the health and quality of digital models, to comply with the BIM Level 2 and project-specific standards
- Exchanging large amounts of project data with multiple consultants through BIM360 Cloud or other CDE platforms.
- Organising weekly BIM Coordination meetings with client representatives and external consultants
- Closely work with the design team reporting requirements and agreements from BIM Coordination meetings.
- Generating 3D federated models for clash detection, report generation generating reports to demonstrate coordination progress and clash mitigation.
- Understanding and proactively implementing the required LOD, LOI and CoBie data at each of the RIBA stages, as per project-specific requirements.
- Managing and coordinating Autodesk product licenses across several teams/projects.
- Developing periodic training sessions for the design team.
- Generation of Dynamo scripts to automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
- Updating internal protocols within the organisation and conducting the BRE BIM external audits.
This role requires experience in an Architectural practice employing exceptional proactivity and leadership skills, excellent demonstrable Revit ability on large scale/complex multidisciplinary projects and excellent spoken and written English.
In-depth experience within a work-sharing environment (CDE), demonstrable experience using 3D coordination software (Navisworks) and scripting (Dynamo) are essential.
Pattern’s BIM Manager will report project progress and highlight any risk to senior members of the project or the client team directly and will work to resolve these risks. They will be expected to use their experience and passion to steer and shape strategic discussions and meetings.
This is intended to be a long-term position. However, given the current economic uncertainty, the initial contract will be fixed-term moving to permanent subject to the economy stabilising.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, Portfolio and salary expectations using the reference “BIM Manager” in the email subject.
Applicants must reside and be eligible to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies.
Start date: TBC