Who we are
Urban Splash are one of the most exciting and innovative developers operating in the UK. We have a broad history of making special places for people to live and work; with a passion for doing it differently. With significant investment and a continued demand for an alternative solution to the traditional; there has never been a more exciting time to join our thriving development team.
To date, we have won over 400 awards for architecture, regeneration, marketing and enterprise. Our reputation for new, better, different, has remained steadfast since we began over 25 years ago. With projects up and down the UK, we cover a large area to ensure we don’t miss out on any unique development opportunities which make Urban Splash what we are.
The Management of the Technical Design Team to provide a technical design and implementation service to the business from initial job costing through to manufacture.
The Head of Technical Design will play an integral part in all aspects of the project from design concept through to approval processes and manufacture, liaising with external professional bodies, Project Managers and the Production Manager as to ensure a professional technical service.
This job requires the development, maintenance, governance and communication of the company's technical design blueprint including assessing the current state, future state, transition states and roadmap
This will involve assessing design principles, outcomes, measures, impacts, interdependencies, risks, prioritisation and input to the ongoing design aligned to the business plan and company strategy.
Requirements of the role
- Project Delivery
- Continue Improvement Process
- Implementation and improvement of process management
- Design Team Development
- BIM360 Implementation
- Leading on R&D projects planning and implementing
- Increased Involvement with customer care
- Liaison with Sekisui House Design team members
- Oversee document control office
- Exceptional solution architecture skills, able to translate high level business requirements into a solution design, identifying risks and providing alternative solutions.
- Strong people management skills including the ability to influence others and align around a common approach.
- Strong innovation skills, the ability to foster & champion new ideas in a practical way.
- Strong knowledge of data protection legislation and security good practice.
- Experience designing & implementing digital services for customers / service users.
- Experience designing & implementing core business applications in a medium / large organisation.
- Experience designing & implementing data infrastructure & services.
- Experience continuously improving live services in a medium / large organisation.
At Urban Splash we are committed to reflecting and representing diversity in employment welcoming applications from all communities. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, disability, gender, religion or sexual orientation and aim to be an equal opportunities employer
If you would be interested in discussing this role in more detail, please apply and one of our team will be in touch!