Adrian James Architects are looking for an excellent all-round architect to join the practice. We have a range of exciting commissions on the drawing board and we need more hands on deck.
We want someone with superb design and technical abilities plus the skill set and experience to act as project architect from inception to completion on complex buildings.
The responsibilities of the job will be:
- managing large projects through planning, technical design, tender and contract workstages,
- ensuring they meet the brief and run on budget and on time,
- developing designs of the very highest quality in concept and detail,
- ensuring projects attain the very highest levels of sustainability in line with the practice environmental policy.
The skills required are:
- Exceptional conceptual design and technical design ability,
- Wide job-running and contract management experience,
- excellent software capabilities in 2D and 3D,
- strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills,
- inquisitive, proactive and positive attitude.
AJA has a strong design emphasis, encouraging singular, radical approaches to a wide range of projects. We have a stringent environmental policy with a dedicated ambition to be carbon positive in practice and in our projects wherever possible. The studio is in central Oxford very near the station. We are Mac-based, using Vectorworks (3D) and Sketchup predominantly. We are not a large practice, there is no rigid hierarchy and we can be flexible about employment terms. We are, of course, an equal opportunities employer. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and responsibility.
In any submission for the job we will need to see evidence of strong design skills, software command and tectonic know-how, as well as high grades in all qualifications. If selected for interview candidates will need to show that they are technically adept and razor sharp.
Please send CVs, references and examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.