A brand new role has just become available, for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join an award-winning AJ100 practice, based in Shrewsbury
They are a multi-award winning architectural and building consultancy practice, working across the UK and internationally.
Through our multi-service, multi-sector and multi-geographical nature, my client are able to provide value that goes beyond what is typically delivered in the industry, supplying a service that draws from our comprehensive and inclusive knowledge and experience base running throughout our practice.
My client are requiring a technically outstanding Senior Architectural Technician to join their Shrewsbury office. You will be working on multi-sectors within the industry.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions this role will initially largely be home based, although there may be an occasional requirement to attend our office. The first few days of employment are likely to be in the office for the start of the Induction process.
With a proven track record as a Senior Architectural Technician, you will have sound knowledge of construction and detailing. Your structured approach to problem-solving and decision-making will complement your ability to work with minimum supervision as a collaborative team member.
Advise clients on appropriate services, provide general advice and guidance to clients, understand client needs, deal with client enquiries efficiently, deal with client complaints and monitor client satisfaction levels.
- Advise on environmental and regulatory legal requirements affecting the project
- Advise on materials
- Assess the needs of clients and users and agree the project brief
- Carry out Designer Risk Assessments (CDM)
- Co-ordinate with other consultants/colleagues, disseminate information to team members and negotiate with
- Ensure compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements
- Lead the design process and co-ordinate detailed design information
- Liaise with and produce documentation for statutory and local approval authorities
- Manage an internal project team and wider design team along with reviewing and managing their performance
- Manage the finances of a project and deliver projects on time and budget
- Obtain and evaluate tenders and contracts
- Prepare and present design proposals, working drawings and schedules, specifications using 2D and 3D
Autodesk products, but specifically Revit 2019. Level 2 BIM experience in Revit is essential. Prepare tender bids
- Programme work schedules and carry out inspections at various stages
- Source technical information, buildability awareness, carry out Health and Safety Risk assessments, prepare
tender reports and recommendations, carry out measured surveys and implement and work to QA procedures
Key Skills and Experience:-
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience in leading or assisting with the delivery of production packages
- Proficient in Revit with at least two years’ continual use in practice as the primary design/delivery tool
- Good knowledge of construction and building law
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Good design skills
- CIAT Registered
- Very good technical level of spoken and written English
On offer is a competitive salary, and will be in the region of circa £40k PA
- 23 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing to 27 days upon reaching 5 years’ continuous service
- Life assurance scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend scheme
For a confidential discussion and/or to apply to this role, please get in touch with Jack Perks. Jack is a consultant at mustard specialising in permanent recruitment within Birmingham and the West Midlands. He works with private practice, multidisciplinary consultancies, developers and contractors across the West Midlands including numerous AJ100 firms.