RPS is currently seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist to join our progressive business in the Newark office with flexibility for agile working.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual looking to progress their career within our industry leading team where you will be responsible for the day to day management of projects within a project team and lead project design delivery and day to day communication with clients, consultants and contractors. You will be exposed to a broad range of flagship projects across various sectors including distribution, commercial, battery manufacturing, Airports, rail, education and healthcare.
We’re RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. Here you’ll find work that is challenging and rewarding, and you’ll be supported every step of the way.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the Team Director in the technical delivery of projects.
- Challenging, guiding and supporting the project team to achieve sound technical and innovative solutions.
- Performing project reviews and co-ordination to ensure technical requirements are satisfied.
- Specification and Report writing.
- Providing day to day co-ordination of project technical team to achieve agreed project outcomes.
- Demonstrating commercial awareness and knowledge of project management, including cost/time, budget implications, the recording and recovery of additional fees for design variations.
- Supporting tender / bid process and fee proposal activity when required.
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
Who we’re looking for
The most suitable candidate is likely to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role and will have gained specific Revit skills combined with:
- Good general skills in using Microsoft Office software
- Good understanding of technical software relevant to the design discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills to manage deadlines and competing priorities
- Team-working and people management skills
- Experience in the commercial and industrial market preferred
- Analytical capability with strong attention to detail
- The ability to make decisions
What’s in it for you?
We’re an accredited training provider – from entry level to master’s degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you’ll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we’re happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you’re not a number, you’re part of the solution.
What happens next?
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we’d love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and we will try our best to respond to you within three working days.
If you’d like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Paul Gilliver at RPS
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Mindful that a truly inclusive organization must make appropriate use of talent on a global basis and without unnecessary barriers, we are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion principles in all People processes in order to be as diverse as the communities and clients we work with, thereby securing, developing, and retaining the best available talent for the company’s future.
Our approach to Diversity and inclusion
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work.
‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace:
‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.