One of my busy clients are looking to find a Senior Landscape Architect for their Shrewsbury office (team of 40).
Their landscape architects similarly work across the practice across a broad range of work. This is often in close collaboration with both their architects and wider external project teams, including local authorities, private developers and contractors, creating positive, dynamic and sustainable landscape architecture for schools and higher education projects, offices and innovation centres, residential developments and masterplans, health and well-being centres and more.
As a Senior Landscape Architect with at least 5 years relevant experience, you will show good commercial awareness and have proven skills of managing challenging projects accompanied with your exceptional multi-sector knowledge you will be responsible for carrying out site-based landscape and visual surveys and producing LVIAs.
- Manage a number of projects from inception to completion for a range of clients to deadline and on budget
- Mentor and support junior members of the team to develop their management and professional skills
- Be a competent and creative designer
- Take responsibility for project team management.
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Act as a focal point between the team and clients and consultants in ensuring clear communication and progress on the projects, and delivering high levels of customer service
- Manage the preparation of presentation drawings, take a clear brief and use an innovate approach to developing into a concept design as well as guiding others in these tasks. Using a variety of software packages, notably AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketch-Up. Revit will be an advantage.
- Appraise sites in terms of their opportunities, restrictions and risks
- Assist the directors, with support from the marketing team, to bid for and win new business
- Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts and attend relevant industry events to promote AHR and our services
- Liaise, engage and present to project stakeholders including clients, contractors, planning departments and members of the public
Required Skills and Experience
You will have proven experience gained within an architectural practice, underpinned by the ability to manage clients and with a good understanding of profitability and commercial awareness. You're a strong communicator and presenter who can work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
• Degree or Post Graduate diploma in Landscape Architecture preferably from a school accredited by the Landscape Institute
• Chartered status CMLI having successfully completed the LI Pathway to Chartership (P2C)
• Able to competently use 2D AutoCAD (3D AutoCAD and 3D rendering packages an advantage)
• Excellent design, drawing and presentation skills including hand drawing capabilities
• Experience of LVIA and Landscape & Visual Appraisals as part of the Planning process advantageous
• Able to prepare detailed design and working drawings, schedules and NBS specifications
• Structured approach to problem solving, capable of making decisions when required whilst knowing when support is required
• Good knowledge of the UK Planning process & Building Regulations
• Excellent communication skills in terms of written English and command of the English language
• Able to drive and possess a full driving licence
The salary I've been told will be very much be dependent on experience, with a rough range of £38 - £43k PA
To find out a bit more, or to apply, get in touch with Jack Perks on 0203 854 1100 or email email@example.com. Don't forget to keep an eye on all live permanent roles in the Midlands by checking www.mustardjobs.co.uk. All communication, however speculative, will be received in strict confidence.