The Senior Lecturer in Ethical Practice is responsible for leadership in teaching, curriculum development, and on-going scholarship in Professional Practice and Ethics in the BA Architecture Course in the Spatial Practices Programme at Central Saint Martins.
The role has a particular focus on developing critical approaches to the questions of practice and issues facing the spatial and built-environment professions, as well as developing cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural approaches to ethics.
Its purpose is to explore the interconnections between creative production and professional practice in architecture and the built environment, and the intersections between the climate and bio-diversity emergencies and other global challenges, including racial and social justice, with the teaching and learning of professional skills, regulations and ethics.
The post- holder will work collaboratively within the course team to design and deliver the teaching and learning of professional skills and ethics. The post-holder will coordinate the Professional Practice subject area and will deploy specialist expertise to develop pedagogy and the curriculum in innovative and critical directions and in accordance with the requirements of professional accreditation.
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is the world’s second University for Art and Design in the QS World University Rankings® 2021. Our diverse and talented community comprises over 5,000 academic, professional, and technical staff. Together we are committed to social purpose. This includes creating a better a more sustainable world and championing race equality.
We offer highly creative working environments that inspire staff across all areas to fulfil their potential and continuous training to further develop their skills and expertise. We also offer hybrid and flexible working practices, and excellent staff benefits to improve your work life balance.
- Qualified Architect
- Master's Degree or equivalent professional recognised qualification in Architecture
- Experience of teaching & assessment in a higher education environment (permanent, fractional, or hourly paid contract).
- Applies an inquiring, innovative and reflexive approach to teaching.
- Considers equality, diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of teaching and assessment.
- Shows commitment to understanding the range of students’ experiences within a course.
- Collaborates and works effectively within teams and across different professional groups.
- Fosters inclusive and constructive team-work and problem-solving.
- Evidence of research, knowledge exchange and/ or professional practice in Practice and Ethics relating to architecture and spatial practices that contributes to its advancement and is relevant to the goals of the Course, Programme, College and University.
- Evidence of using contacts within subject peer group to develop partnerships or collaboration.
- Higher degree (e.g. MA) in associated subject (Desirable).
- PhD or Higher level research degree (Desirable).
- Teaching qualification (PG Cert or equivalent) (Desirable).
- Member of the Higher Education Academy (Desirable).
- Industry / professional experience of leading projects with partners and diverse participants (Desirable).
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 7 July 2022 23:55.
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.