This job is no longer available
Town Planning Officer
- Due to recent restructures an opportunity has arisen within the Development Management team to look after both minor and major planning applications. Our client is a local authority with a recent increase in workload. Based very close to both train and bus stations, making this a very accessible location. With a good chance of an extension after the initial 3-month period, this could be the ideal job for you.
- As a successful candidate, you will be required to:
- Process a wide range of planning applications including residential developments, changes of use, applications for listed building consent and appeals.
- Provide information, guidance and advice as required to applicants, developers and their agents, members of the public, local organisations, other Council departments and others on planning matters.
- To keep abreast of planning legislation
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature and of a similar responsibility to those described above, which may be allocated from time to time.
- As the successful applicant you will need the ability to manage a variety of general applications and enquires.
- You must possess a competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- You must be professionally qualified (RTPI recognised) and have development management experience -preferably within a London local authority,
- Good customer care skills, ability to meet deadlines, and team working are also essential.
Competitive hourly rate
Good potential for long-term contract / contract extension