Job Category: Architecture
Job Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Position ID: J0912-0472
We are currently seeking a qualified Architect with 3 years post qualification experience or the equivalent to work on the development of our Healthcare projects within our IBI Nightingale Brighton office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background but will also be design orientated.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to work independently alongside our consultants and clients, coordinating and running client meetings. Working as part of a team and being able to create powerful new ideas both in collaboration and independently is an essential skill that is required for this role.
• Develop and nurture external relationships, in particular with consultants and contractors
• Contribute to the delivery of projects to meet client expectations
• Co-ordinate the design, construction and management of projects, including liaising with clients, Statutory Authorities, Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants.
• Contribute to the delivery of high quality architecture, fulfilling the design aspirations of the practice
• Demonstrate high professional standards
• Lead elements of major and complex projects or small projects independently both with and without a supporting team
• Manage resources and activities of the studio team(s)
• Support the Studio and Associate Directors within the office
• Contribute to the business development activities of the Studio and office
• Support in the preparation of proposals, submissions and presentations
• RIBA Part III/or equivalent experience
• ARB Registered
• Experience in managing individuals and teams
• Experience of managing projects or elements of medium to larger projects
• Experience of healthcare projects
• Technically strong with extensive experience in producing production information packages
• Design Competency
• Computer Literacy – proficient in Microstation
• Communication skills (graphical and oral).
• Current Building Procurement processes, NHS terminology and procedures, technical requirements, current planning law procedure. Current Building Legislation and allied codes.
• Environmental standards, technical and trade literature, land law, Health and safety regulations and conditions of use.
• Design of building and development of land. Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Current knowledge of building and information techniques
• Management of building contracts.
• Planning issues – development and environmental issues,
• Cultural and historical issues relating to development policy and design development.
• NBS specification
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Nightingale is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.