This job is no longer available
Technical Writer- Civil Engineering- North Yorkshire
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in our Head Office in North Yorkshire
Reporting to the Bidding and Strategy Director you will primarily be responsible for delivering the technical content and quality of our tender and prequalification submissions, leading the Company’s external communications and there-by help us to secure profitable work and reinforce our reputation as a top quality provider of civil engineering services.
We are seeking a high calibre individual for this challenging role and the ideal candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering, English or Marketing or other closely related discipline, and can demonstrate a technical background within the construction industry.
The main outputs of the role will be to:
· Gather information from colleagues through meeting and telephone interviews and compile response drafts that fully answer bid questions and differentiate the company.
· Prepare both technical and non-technical submissions for prequalifications, tenders, industry awards and media; including method statements, temporary work proposals, technical explanations, programmes and delivery proposals
· Enhance and maintain the team’s database of knowledge
· Monitor the external environment, including market intelligence and customer feedback
· Enhance and maintain the Company’s document presentation style
The role demands a team player who has the ability to motivate others and deliver results. You will need excellent IT with a working knowledge of Photoshop and Publisher. A full driving licence as well as enthusiasm and a positive attitude are required to fit into our company and contribute to its continued success.
If you think you have what it takes to join us as a Technical Writer we would love to hear from you.
CVs to: Pete@ssaltd.com