This job is no longer available
Estimator – Conservation/Built Heritage
Reporting to Managing Director
You will be required to:-
• Efficiently plan, design, and prepare tender specifications for conservation projects.
• Understand and interpret architectural and mechanical plans, designs, and specifications.
• Prepare project plans for successful bids with estimates of project costings and bills of quantities, including those for materials, equipment, labour and overheads, for use by Project Managers.
• Complete and submit tender documentation in a competitive tendering environment, including quality submissions , and undertake post-tender reviews/ interviews.
• Develop, harmonise and maintain estimating procedures for the organisation.
• Identify and develop potential markets, including sourcing potential tenders via appropriate portals and advertising media.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers e.g. through appropriate reporting, including written reports.
• Attend meetings and represent the Company, including at pre-tender meetings and site visits with colleagues and external clients.
• Handle confidential information sensitively and appropriately.
• Work within a team environment, but also on your own initiative.
• Effectively uitilise IT equipment and software within your daily work.
• Any other duties appropriate to the post.