This job is no longer available
Senior Employer’s Agent - Kent
Minimum 10 years PQE. Must be MRICS, either quantity surveyor or building surveyor. Must have plenty of new build social housing employer’s agent experience.
An ability to your own projects and also manage three or four other qualified staff is essential.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Initial site appraisals and feasibility studies.
• Preparing budget costings for preferred scheme proposals.
• Accepting the client brief, selecting and working with designers/architects, engineers and contractors.
• Holding Design Review Meetings and monitoring adherence to quality, programme and budget.
• Writing Employer’s Requirements, preparing contracts, contractor selection and reviewing and advising upon tenders.
• Safeguarding Employer’s interests for works on site including associated site inspections.
• Agreement of final accounts with main contractor.
• Monitoring of defects liability periods and rectification.
You should possess the following attributes:
• Evidence of proficiency in acting as Employers Agent for schemes of up to 400 residential units.
• Ability to carry out pre-planning design reviews.
• Knowledge of OJEU procedures, the planning process and associated Section 106 requirements.
• Knowledge of Homes and Communities Agency funding criteria.
• Familiarity with the London Housing Design Guide and Code for Sustainable Homes.
• Sound knowledge of JCT and PPC forms of contract.
• Awareness of differing construction forms, including MMC and available renewable energy sources.
• Awareness of Health and Safety and CDMc requirements.
• CSCS and CRB approved.