This job is no longer available
PROJECT LEADER – Estate Wide Projects
3 year fixed term contract (with the possibility of extension or permanency)
Circa £42,000 p.a. + Benefits
Working on some of the most prestigious and iconic buildings in the world, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding Delivery Team. You will be delivering a diverse range of construction, refurbishment, and conservation projects on both the modern and historical buildings on the parliamentary estate of the House of Commons and House of Lords.
- Work as a proactive ‘intelligent client’ (project sponsor) on construction/refurbishment/conservation projects in fully occupied working buildings, to enhance the workings of parliament.
- Deliver a diverse portfolio of projects ranging from office fit outs and moves in modern buildings through to high profile conservation projects in listed buildings.
- Appoint and oversee external consultants and contractors to ensure project delivery is to time, budget, and agreed quality standards.
- Communicate confidently and effectively, both orally and in writing, including explaining technical issues to a lay audience.
- Strong relevant experience working in an ‘intelligent client’ role.
- Proven track record of planning and controlling construction projects using recognised project management techniques.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels, including the ability to explain technical issues in simple lay terms, responding diplomatically to their needs and managing expectations.
- A good understanding of procurement practices including EU works/services procurement, contract types and contract management.
- Annual leave starting at 28 days per annum
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
To apply and to access an information pack, please click on the "Apply" button below or visit www.careers-houseofcommons.org.uk
Or email: Houseofcommons@hays.com
If you have any queries regarding the role or the application process, please call: 020 7259 8744.
Closing date: 18 March 2013 at 09:00
Reference Number: C10034
Valuing Equality, Diversity and Fairness