Russian speaking Architect
OMA is a leading international office practicing architecture, urban planning, and cultural analysis. OMA is dedicated to the realization of buildings and masterplans around the world that insist on intelligent forms, while inventing new possibilities for content and everyday use. OMA has projects in over 30 countries with offices in Rotterdam, New York, Beijing, Hong Kong and – soon to be opened – Doha. The counterpart to OMA is AMO, a research and design studio working in media, politics, renewable energy, technology, publishing, fashion, micro-design and cultural advisory.
OMA’s Rotterdam office is looking for experienced hands-on Architects who can work independently and in a team and are able to guide and coach other professionals. The Architect will be based in the OMA headquarters in Rotterdam and report directly to the Project Leader or Associate of their project and ultimately to the Partner in charge.
- Master degree in Architecture, Design or in a relevant field
- Fluent in Russian (native speaker preferred) and English
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience in project management related to Russia
- Solid knowledge of gaining authority approvals in Russia
- Experience in working with large state organizations in Russia and the ability to communicate design intent to such clients
- Fundamental understanding of the design process and ability to translate design into building
- Experience in (technical) detailing, project related (special) material research, and complex problem solving on all scales
- Ability to liaise where appropriate with consultants to assess design solutions and guarantee the integrity of the final design
- Ability to assist in the production and development of all necessary documents, drawings, models, images, schemes etc. related to the design and building process.
- Strong AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Adobe Suite skills
- Confidence in working in a complex and international environment
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team