Design Manager - Main Contractor in West London
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading Main Contractor who are involved in commercial and residential / student accommodation schemes within the M25 and are based in West London
The company due to expansion is seeking to fill the following role
Reporting to the Director but with the capability to work independently on your own projects you shall..
Responsible for the co-ordination of Design Team and Sub-contractor design information on a number of design and build projects.
You will be responsible for overseeing a number of medium sized projects at any time (£5-20m).
You will be capable of agreeing and monitor design programmes and track the receipt of information to meet the programme.
You should have a good understanding of technical details / building construction, BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes and NHBC requirements.
- Ensure adequate management of all internal and external resources to maximise the success of the project delivery requirements
- To act as the focal point for the companies design management and delivery on your projects
- To attend bid meeting to discuss/advise on all design related issues included within our bid
- Ensure that project specific design programmes are produced and managed.
- Deal with design management on projects including systems and materials both on traditional & D&B schemes
- Attend all relevant project handover meetings and site-specific design/progress meetings as directed by the Snr Project manager.
- Develop design initiatives to offer value engineering at during both the tender and build stage.
The position is a permanent role and not available to those seeking a contract position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading Contractor with a substantial workload and portfolio of projects to deliver
Based in West London and covering projects throughout London
For further information with regard to the above role please contact Mike Lee
Ph:0203 137 5550