This job is no longer available
Document Controller - Leading Architectural Practice - London - £23-26K
Our client are a leading Architectural studio based in London are seeking a Document Controller to join their modern and vibrant studio.
Our client one of London’s leading Architectural practices has an opportunity for a Document Controller to work within their busy Drawing office and ensure project information is both issued and received and then recorded in accordance with our client’s procedures. You will need to have good time management and communication skills. Primarily this role is to support the Groups with contractual milestones, consultants drawings and elements of contract management namely registration of submittals and RFI’s into the Newforma workflow.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and efficient registration of Correspondence, process scans, drawings, reports, specifications and schedules
- Issue drawings, reports, specifications, schedules and correspondence to clients and contractors using our DM system (Newforma) in both, hard copy format or electronic format to extranet sites
- Support the Groups with contractual milestones, consultants drawings and elements of contract management including registration of submittals and RFI’s into the Newforma workflow
- Assist with the collation and co-ordination of drawings / documents in preparation for the date of issue
- Communicate and be proactive with Senior Group Document controllers to any changes required in work flows
- Understand the life cycle of a drawing and status’s relating to each phase
- Co-ordinate all downloads with the print room and ensure timely return to relevant package managers
- Ensure all milestone issues for each project are recorded accurately in the Newforma Project Centre
- Promote information exchange as standard to exchange information via the web
- Work in other areas of Document Services Group as and when cover is required
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance with procedures and standards
- To contribute, or otherwise assist as required
Qualities and skills required
- Have knowledge and understanding in the use of Extranet sites, namely Biw, Acconex, Buildonline, Hummingbird and A- site but not limited too
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – articulate and diplomatic manner
- Able to set and achieve deadlines and communicate the progress towards these deadlines
- Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
Please contact Jon Janes on 207 415 7182 / or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in more detail.